Recap: Chesterfield go second in National League with win against in-form Boreham Wood
The Spireites could go second in the National League table with a win against in-form Boreham Wood today (3pm KO).
James Rowe’s men are two places and two points behind the visitors to Derbyshire.
There will be a reunion for Kabongo Tshimanga who is set to face his former club for the first time since signing for the Blues in the summer.
In the opposite corner, ex-Spireites Will Evans and Scott Boden will be aiming to get one over their old side.
See our matchday blog below...
Chesterfield v Boreham Wood: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Saturday, 23 October, 2021, 20:20
- FT: Chesterfield 2 v 1 Boreham Wood
- Spireites climb to second after win
- Danny Rowe scores penalty on 20 minutes after Kabongo Tshimanga brought down by Nathan Ashmore
- Tshimanga doubles lead with screamer against his old club on 44 minutes
- Will Evans pulls a goal back from distance, mistake from Scott Loach, 67 minutes
- Evans sent off late on for second yellow card
- 3-4-1-2: Loach; Kerr, Gunning, Maguire; King, Oyeleke, Kellermann, Miller; Mandeville; Rowe, Tshimanga. Subs: Minter, Grimes, Whittle, McCourt, Payne.
Thanks for joining us!
Enjoy your weekend!
Chesterfield beat Boreham Wood 2-1 at the Technique Stadium on Saturday to go second in the National League.
‘Proud’ James Rowe said Chesterfield are building some ‘momentum’ at the Technique Stadium after beating in-form Boreham Wood to climb above them into second in the National League.
FT: Chesterfield 2 v 1 Boreham Wood
Goals from Danny Rowe (pen) and Kabongo Tshimanga against his former club.
Will Evans sent off late on after pulling a goal back in the second-half.
A big win.
Spireites go second in the National League.
Will Evans sent off
The former Town man has been shown a second yellow card and is sent off in injury time.
Has gone down injured here. Looks like it is his knee. The physio is on. He goes off and come back on again. He is limping.
Four minutes added
Third Spireites sub - 90 minutes
Kellermann off, McCourt on.
Spireites sub - 87 minutes
Rowe off, Payne on.
I think it was either Maguire or Kerr who made a great block to deny Clifton from close-range.
Three minutes remaining, 2-1.