Recap: Chesterfield extend unbeaten run to seven games to top National League with win at Yeovil Town
Unbeaten Chesterfield head to in-form Yeovil Town in the National League today (3pm KO).
The second-placed Spireites have won four and drawn two of their first six matches.
The hosts, who have former Blues players Grant Smith and Adi Yussuf in their ranks, have only played four games but have won their last three after losing on the opening day of the season.
Our reporter Liam Norcliffe is at Huish Park and will have all the build-up, team news, updates and reaction.
Yeovil Town v Chesterfield: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Saturday, 18 September, 2021, 20:36
- FT: Yeovil Town 0 v 2 Chesterfield (3pm KO)
- Chesterfield go top of the league and are seven unbeaten
- Manny Oyeleke gives Town lead on 19 minutes, Kabongo Tshimanga doubles lead on 36 minutes
- Two changes for Chesterfield as George Carline and Liam Mandeville replace Jeff King and Saidou Khan
- No Danny Rowe or Laurence Maguire in the squad
- (3-4-1-2) Loach; Kerr, Gunning (c), Grimes; Carline, Weston, Oyeleke, Miller; Mandeville; Payne, Tshimanga. Subs: Minter, Whittle, King, McCourt, Khan.
Thanks for joining us!
A win, seven unbeaten and top of the league.
Not a bad day, eh?
Have a good weekend!
Goals from Manny Oyeleke and Kabongo Tshimanga sealed a 2-0 win for Chesterfield at Yeovil Town.
YEOVIL REACTION: James Rowe praises 'best' first-half of his Spireites tenure | 'Nasty' Gunning injury
James Rowe said Chesterfield’s first-half performance in the 2-0 win at Yeovil Town was the best of his tenure so far.
It’s all over
FT: Yeovil Town 0 v 2 Chesterfield
The Spireites extend their unbeaten run to seven games and go top of the National League!
Four minutes added
Curls a free-kick from the edge of the box over the bar.
2,356 (238 Chesterfield fans)
Chesterfield have eased the pressed in the last couple of minutes and have put a few passes together.
Ten minutes to see this one out.
For Tshimanga. The referee feels he was time-wasting.
Final Spireites sub - 75 minutes
Oyeleke limps off and is replaced by McCourt.