No one injured after fire broke out in Derbyshire pub

Fire crews were called to put out a blaze that started in a Shirebrook pub earlier today.

Monday, 24th May 2021, 1:25 pm

Bolsover and Mansfield Fire Stations attended The Soldiers Ex-Servicemen’s Club on Carter Lane at 10.14am on Monday, May 24 following a ‘small fire’ on the ground floor.

Workers used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put the blaze out.

The Soldiers confirmed that no one was injured in the fire and there was only ‘minimal damage’ to the big room which will be unavailable to the public while repairs are underway.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The Soldiers Ex-Servicemens Club caught fire this morning (Monday, May 24).
The Soldiers Ex-Servicemens Club caught fire this morning (Monday, May 24).

In a Facebook post the pub clarified they would reopen later today and thanked Shirebrook Fire Station.

A spokesperson for The Soldiers wrote: “We have had a fire at the premises this morning, one good thing is everyone is safe thank god.

“We have minimal damage to the big room which will be out of order for today until we assess the damage.

“We will be open at some point when it’s been made safe to trade.

"Card room and outside only.

“Thank you to Shirebrook Fire Station for getting onsite quickly

“Updates to follow.

“Thank You.”

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed they were called out to a pub on Carter Lane to fight a fire which had broken out.

In a tweet, the service said: “Crews from @bolsoverfirest1 and #MansfieldStn01 attended a building fire on Carter Lane, Shirebrook. This was a small fire on ground floor of a public house. Firefighters used 2BA and a hose reel to fight the fire.”

Support your Derbyshire Times by becoming a digital subscriber. You will see 70 per cent fewer ads on stories, meaning faster load times and an overall enhanced user experience. Click here to subscribe.