Emergency crews called to fire in Chesterfield home

Firefighters have rushed to the scene of a blaze in a Chesterfield home today.

Tuesday, 8th February 2022, 3:00 pm

Crews from Dronfield and Matlock attended the fire, which was sparked by a washing machine, on Brookside Glen, Brookside, at about 11.30am.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We attended a washing machine fire which was out on arrival at Brookside Glen, Brookside, Chesterfield.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Firefighters have rushed to the scene of a blaze in a Chesterfield home today.

"Fire crews removed the washing machine from the property.”

The spokesperson added that the stop message was received from crews shortly after midday.