The Spireites, led once again by caretaker boss Danny Webb, are one point behind the Hatters and have lost just twice in 25 league games.
The hosts are on a remarkable run of ten straight wins, conceding just two goals in that time, and they have recorded six successive clean sheets.
Our reporter Liam Norcliffe is at Edgeley Park and will bring you all the build-up, team news, match updates and reaction.
Stockport County v Chesterfield: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Wednesday, 09 February, 2022, 01:08
- FT: Stockport County 2 v 2 Chesterfield (7.45pm KO)
- Draw keeps Chesterfield second, one point behind leaders Stockport
- Tshimanga gives Spireites lead on 16 minutes with superb finish; Asante makes it 0-2 on 21 minutes;
- Spireites down to 10-men as King is shown straight red on 53 minutes; Collar pulls goal back on 56 minutes; Croasdale makes it 22 on 65 minutes
- Spireites XI (3-4-1-2) Loach; Kerr, Grimes, Croll; King, Oyeleke, McCourt, Whittle; Mandeville, Asante, Tshimanga. Subs: Miller, Williams, Kellermann, Khan, Quigley.
- One change for Chesterfield as Oyeleke replaces Khan
- Caretaker Danny Webb in charge of Town again - won his previous two matches
Thanks for joining us!
That was some game!
Ten-man Chesterfield held on for a hard-fought draw against Stockport County in an entertaining clash between the National League’s top two sides.
Danny Webb was ‘extremely proud’ of the way 10-man Chesterfield held on for a draw against league leaders Stockport County and says he believes the Spireites will go on to win promotion.
It finishes 2-2
FT: Stockport County 2 v 2 Chesterfield
Breathtaking encounter by the top two.
Would have taken it before. Not at half-time. But definitely with 25 to go!
Chesterfield players leave the pitch to huge applause from the away end. Some heroic performances in that last 30 minutes
For Loach. Time-wasting, I think. Can’t blame him for trying.
10 minutes added time
Town fans are in good voice and are trying to get their side over the line.
Croll is down here and looks in agony. Stretcher coming on. This looks serious.
Calvin Miller coming on to replace him.
Going to be some big injury-time here as well.
Croll hobbles off in the end without the stretcher.
By Kerr, who gets a toe on the ball, to stop Quigley getting a shot off inside the area after a counter.
83 played, 2-2. Gulp.
Big miss for Stockport
Sub Crankshaw side-foots wide from six-yards out. He has his head in his hands.