Recap: Kabongo Tshimanga scores hat-trick as Chesterfield hit four past Barnet in dramatic encounter
Chesterfield return to action tonight against Barnet at the Technique Stadium (7.45pm KO).
The Spireites are unbeaten in five but have drawn their last two so they will be hoping to return to winning ways.
The Blues hammered the Bees 6-0 in this fixture last season but a lot has changed at Barnet over the summer, including in the dugout where they are now managed by former Leeds and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell.
Liam Norcliffe is there tonight and will bring you everything you need to know.
Chesterfield v Barnet: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Wednesday, 15 September, 2021, 24:54
- FT: Chesterfield 4 v 2 Barnet (7.45pm KO)
- Tshimanga tap-in and penalty make it 2-0 after eight minutes, completes hat-trick with another spot-kick in second-half
- Visitors score two deflected strikes in three minutes to equalise before half-time
- Gunning scores deflected free-kick for goal number four
- Five changes for Chesterfield tonight as Grimes, King, Weston, Khan and Payne replace Maguire, Carline, McCourt, Mandeville and Rowe.
- (3-4-1-2): Loach; Kerr, Gunning, Grimes; King, Weston, Oyeleke, Miller; Khan; Payne, Tshimanga. Subs: Carline, Whittle, McCourt, Mandeville, Rowe.
- Maguire missed out with ankle injury
Thanks for joining us!
Kabongo Tshimanga scored a hat-trick as Chesterfield hit four past Barnet to continue their strong start to the season and remain unbeaten.
‘Proud’ manager James Rowe said Chesterfield showed ‘great togetherness’ to beat Barnet 4-2 and extend their unbeaten run to six matches.
It’s all over
FT: Chesterfield 4 v 2 Barnet
Kabongo Tshimanga scores a hat-trick as the Spireites extend unbeaten run to six games and return to winning ways. Thriller.
Good save from Loach to deny Mason-Clark. Got fingertips to it.
Three minutes to go.
It should be 5-2. Barnet keeper Sargeant makes a great save from King’s header. Payne follows in for tap-in but it is blocked. Five to go.
Final Spireites sub - 80 mins
McCourt replaces Weston, who limps off. He has been excellent this half.
Gunning thumps a free-kick from distance, it takes a deflection off the Barnet wall and goes in. A night of deflections. 4-2. 77 minutes played.
Second Spireites sub - 75 mins
Miller off, Whittle on.
Goal ruled out
Payne thought he had his first goal for the club when he bundled in from close-range but he ruled offside.
74 minutes gone, 3-2.