RECAP: Chesterfield suffer late heartbreak against Bromley
Chesterfield could win their fourth successive match at the start of a new season for the first time since 1954 if they overcome Bromley today.
The Spireites entertain the Ravens at the Technique Stadium aiming to build on wins against Aldershot, Wealdstone and King’s Lynn.
Both these teams took three points off each other last season so it should be a close contest.
Our reporter Liam Norcliffe is at the game and will have all the build-up, team news, updates and reaction.
Chesterfield v Bromley: LIVE UPDATES:
Last updated: Saturday, 04 September, 2021, 20:59
- FT: Chesterfield 2 v 2 Bromley (3pm KO)
- Michael Cheek scores penalty for Bromley on 38 minutes, George Carline with instant equaliser
- Manny Oyeleke puts Town ahead in second-half, Cheek grabs equaliser deep into added time
- 3-4-1-2: Loach; Grimes, Gunning, Maguire; Carline, Weston, Khan, Miller; Clarke; Rowe, Tshimanga. Subs: King, Oyeleke, McCourt, Mandeville, Payne.
- Four changes for Chesterfield as Grimes, Khan, Clarke and Rowe replace Kerr, McCourt, Mandeville and Payne.
Thanks for joining us!
So late heartbreak for Town today but they played well and deserved all three.
Next up is Dover away on Saturday.
Chesterfield suffered late heartbreak against Bromley at the Technique Stadium on Saturday.
Chesterfield manager James Rowe said they can’t let conceding a late equaliser against Bromley ruin their good start to the season.
It’s all over
FT: Chesterfield 2 v 2 Bromley
Late heartbreak: 2-2
Equaliser for Bromley deep into added time. Michael Cheek again. 2-2.
Six minutes added
Great save by Cousins to deny Grimes. Top, top save. 10 to go. 2-1.
Final Spireites sub - 78 mins
Rowe off, Payne on.
Carline chips a ball into Mandeville in the box, he chests it off for Tshimanga who fires wide on his left boot.
77 gone, 2-1.
Chesterfield lead 2-1 with less than 20 minutes to go. Miller, who has been excellent today, skips by his man down the left and pulls the ball back perfectly for Oyeleke who side-foots in from the edge the area.