Chesterfield have not played for 17 days because of positive Covid cases in the camp but still lead the way at the top of the division.
Today’s opponents Halifax are right on their tails and are only behind the Blues on goal difference although the Shaymen have played one game more.
We should be in for a Christmas cracker and our reporter Liam Norcliffe will bring you everything you need to know.
Chesterfield v Halifax: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Tuesday, 28 December, 2021, 21:17
- FT: Chesterfield 1 v 1 FC Halifax Town (3pm KO)
- Spireites remain top after draw
- Sub Jack Clarke equalises on 85 minutes
- Matty Warburton gives Halifax lead on 18 minutes
- Akwasi Asante starts for first time in eight months; Gavin Gunning’s first time in two months
- Loach; Kerr, Gunning, Whittle; Williams, Weston, Oyeleke, Kellermann, Miller; Asante, Tshimanga. Subs: Grimes, Mandeville, Clarke, Khan, Payne.
- Chesterfield not played for 17 days due to positive Covid cases in the camp
- Home tickets sold out
Thanks for joining us!
Enjoy the rest of your evening!
Chesterfield remain top of the National League going into 2022 after fighting back to earn a draw against promotion rivals Halifax.
Jack Clarke’s late equaliser secured a point for league leaders Chesterfield against second-placed Halifax.
James Rowe said Chesterfield showed ‘fantastic character’ to earn a point against promotion rivals Halifax.
It’s all over
FT: Chesterfield 1 v 1 Halifax
Jack Clarke equalised late on to cancel out Matty Warburton’s first-half opener.
The top two share the spoils.
The Spireites stay top of the league.
He looks to have pulled his hamstring again. He tried to sprint but pulled up.
Four minutes left
From Miller goes all the way through to the far post but there was no one there to take advantage.
Chesterfield are the team pushing for the winner.
Of stoppage time. Still plenty of time for a winner here.
Clarke comes off the bench to tuck the ball away from close-range after great determination from Whittle. Five minutes of normal time remaining but going to be a lot of added time. 1-1.