Recap: Chesterfied suffer late heartbreak against Notts County in play-offs
Chesterfield head to Notts County today (4pm KO) to decide who progresses to the semi-finals of the National League play-offs.
The Magpies finished one place and one point above the Spireites so they have home advantage in this one-off tie.
The match will go to extra-time and penalties if it finishes in a stalemate.
The winner of this clash will play Torquay United away next weekend.
Liam Norcliffe is at Meadow Lane and will have all the build-up, team news, updates and reaction.
Notts County v Chesterfield: LIVE UPDATES
Last updated: Saturday, 05 June, 2021, 22:23
- FT: Notts County 3 v 2 Chesterfield
- Spireites concede in 90th minute to crash out of play-offs
- Boss James Rowe not happy with free-kick decision which led to winner
- Blues led twice through Danny Rowe’s long-range free-kick and Liam Mandeville’s strike
- Goalkeeper James Montgomery played last 30 minutes injured
- Notts play Torquay away in semi-finals next week
- One change for Chesterfield as Whittle replaces Taylor
- (3-4-2-1): Montgomery; Evans, Gunning(c), Maguire; Carline, Weston, Oyeleke, Whittle; Mandeville, Clarke; Rowe. Subs: Taylor, McCourt, Whelan, Tyson, Yussuf.
By Maguire to deny Wootton from close-range. This is so tense.
Is taking Montgomery’s goal-kicks because he is struggling that much. 11 to go, 2-2.
Third Town sub - 77
Taylor on, Whittle off.
Big chance for Tyson again!
Tyson beats the offside trap, he is one-on-one with Slocombe but the Notts ‘keeper blocks it for a corner. How crucial that could be.
Big chance for Tyson to give Chesterfield the lead for a third time but his touch is too heavy and then Weston fires wide.
Wootton again. 18 minutes to go.
Town sub - 66
Tyson on, Rowe off.
Booking - 65
Reeves goes down in the box after a challenge from McCourt but the appeals are waved away. Looked the right call.