CMFL round-up: Hucknall Rolls, Ollerton, Blidworth Welfare and Appleby Frodingham progress

Two teams from the North Division and two from the South will contest the semi-finals of the CMFL League Challenge Cup.
Linby CW v Eastwood CFC.
Kaylum Mitchell on the ball for Linby.Linby CW v Eastwood CFC.
Kaylum Mitchell on the ball for Linby.
Linby CW v Eastwood CFC. Kaylum Mitchell on the ball for Linby.

In the local derby at the Rolls Royce Sports Ground, Hucknall Rolls saw off the challenge of Bulwell 4-1.

Joseph Branston put the visitors in front on 20 minutes, but it took Rolls only four minutes to turn things round as Rory Smith and Danny Hayes both found the target.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Jack Allen added a third on the hour before Andy Start finished the scoring two minutes from time.

Ollerton Town beat Belper United 3-0 at Walesby Lane.

After a goalless first 45 minutes, goals from Kyle Ludlow, Jamie Charlton and a Kyle Clarkson penalty gave the home side the win.

The closest tie was at Blidworth Welfare, where the hosts and Swanwick Pentrich Road ended their tie locked at 1-1 after extra-time.

Ash Buxton scored for the Swans, with Jordan Harris scoring for Blidworth.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The penalty shoot-out went the home side’s way as Nathan Cotton, Craig Buchanan, Jake Egginton and Harris converted their kicks to put Blidworth through.

The fourth semi-final spot goes to Appleby Frodingham after they travelled to Pinxton and came away with a 5-1 win to their credit.

Joe Moloney’s 30th minute goal gave Frod a half-time lead. Jake Vernon equalised on 68 minutes, but that was as good as it got for Pinxton as Eriksson Miranda restored the lead a couple of minutes later, before Andrew Williamson, Moloney with his second and Dayle Hutson all scored in the last eight minutes to round off the win.

In the Black Dragon Badges South division, Selston’s amazing run of wins now stands at 15 after a storming second half performance gave them a 5-0 victory at Clay Cross Town.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

After the first half ended goalless, the visitors went ahead with a 49th minute Carl Moore goal. Ben Moore added the second on the hour, before Jamie Renshaw quickly making it three.

Callum Lytham got the fourth against his former club, before a Steve Radzynski penalty rounded off the scoring.

Hucknall Town moved up to second place after a 2-0 win over Keyworth United, their goals coming from Michael Banister and Joe Ashurst.

Sherwood Colliery kept in touch as they returned from Southwell City 4-1 to the good.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Julian Topliss put the Wood ahead, but Calum Law equalised to put City on level terms at the interval.

Two more for Topliss and a goal from Gav King mean Sherwood are now fourth, three points behind Hucknall and Belper.

Eastwood Community’s indifferent run of results continued as they went down 3-1 at Linby Colliery in front of a 100 plus crowd.

Kaylum Mitchell and an own goal put Linby ahead in the first half.The sides exchanged penalties after the break, with Joe Butler scoring for the home side and Gregg Simmons for Eastwood, whose cause wasn’t helped by the dismissal of Nathan Mathers.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

With the waterlogged pitch curse following Glapwell to Phoenix, leaders Harworth Colliery had the opportunity to put daylight between themselves and their rivals in the Black Dragon Badges North division.

However they failed to take advantage as a 12th minute Shane Carver goal gave Askern all three points at Scrooby Road.

Dronfield Town Reserves swopped places with Retford after a 2-1 scoreline at Gosforth Fields.

Will Earl and Matt Hague were Dronfield’s match winners, Joe Knowles on the scoresheet for the visitors.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The bottom two sides met at Dinnington who picked up their second win of the season as they beat Welbeck Welfare 4-0. Shawn Edwards did the damage, scoring a hat-trick, with Nicky Holland also funding the net.

There were no goals in Easington United’s first game since before Christmas, their match with Bilsthorpe ended in a stalemate.