Woman rushed to hospital after oven fire broke out in Chesterfield home

A woman has been rushed to hospital for smoke inhalation treatment after an oven fire broke out at a property in Chesterfield this afternoon (March 29).

Monday, 29th March 2021, 5:55 pm

Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the fire which is reported to have started in an oven in a home on Farndale Avenue, Walton, at 4.10pm today.

Fire engines from Chesterfield and Clay Cross attended the blaze which was already out on their arrival.

The property was heavily smoke logged according to firefighters and a woman was given oxygen therapy after suffering smoke inhalation.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a property on Farndale Avenue in Walton this afternoon (March 29).
A woman has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out at a property on Farndale Avenue in Walton this afternoon (March 29).

An ambulance was requested by the county’s fire and rescue service to take the casualty to Chesterfield Royal Hospital.

The incident was dealt with by 4.58pm according to Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, after the ambulance which was sent to take the woman to hospital arrived at the scene and she was passed into the care of paramedics.

A message from Phil Bramley, Derbyshire Times Editor

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper.