VIDEO AND PICTURES: Bolsover Church tower restoration
These pictures show the progress made at Bolsover Church tower following funding of Â£156,400 from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The project aims to restore the structural integrity of the church tower, repair all other cracking within the church and install a new rainwater drainage system.
The Times were invited along for a sneak peek to see how work is progressing.
The late Norman tower is a surviving part of the stone church built in the late 12th century and houses eight Victorian bells.
In 1624 the Cavendish Chapel was added and the remains of several members of the Cavendish family are contained in lead coffins within the crypt, below the chapel.
The church is a grade II listed building which although gutted by fire in 1897, rebuilt in 1898 and damaged by fire again in 1960, still contains the fine stained glass east window, the remembrance corner and the window for the fallen of Bolsover.