Two injured after Ambergate kitchen fire

Two male casualties were taken to hospital after a fire started in a kitchen.

Thursday, 4th December 2014, 7:17 am
l

Fire crews from Belper and Crich attended a house in Derby Road, Ambergate, at 10.23pm yesterday (Wednesday, December 3).

There was a fire in a ground floor kitchen measuring ten metres by three metres.

They used one CO2 extinguisher, one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus to put out the fire, which was out by 10.40pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

They stayed to damp down the area and the two casualties were taken to hospital via ambulance.

The fire crews left the scene at around 11pm.