REVEALED: The pubs, restaurants and takeaways in the Chesterfield area with one-star food hygiene ratings
These pubs, restaurants, and takeaways in the Chesterfield area have all been given a one star rating by the Food Standards Agency.
One star means major improvement is necessary.
Each business is given their hygiene rating when it is inspected by a food safety officer from the business’s local authority.
The inspection criteria include:
* How hygienically the food is handled
* How it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
* The condition of the structure of the buildings
* The cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
* How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5.