Clay Cross regeneration funding bid counts on your support
The town is among 100 across the country bidding for a share of £3.6bn of government funding to develop and regenerate.
Part of the process is to consult with residents, businesses and stakeholders through an online survey which should be completed by Saturday, July 13.
Feedback from the survey will help to shape the plan on how Clay Cross can be invested in to improve jobs, facilities and retail.
A second round of consultation will take place later in the summer. This consultation will relate to the final draft Investment Plan with residents again being able to have their say on how they think the investment could be spent to improve the town.
Councillor Carolyn Renwick, cabinet m ember for economic g rowth at NE Derbyshire District Council, said, “This is a fantastic opportunity for our residents, businesses and stakeholders of Clay Cross to have their say on how their town should be shaped for the future.
“It is an incredible opportunity to continue the process of regeneration and provide good, quality jobs for the local people with investment in the town for generations to come.
“It is important everyone has their say on how their town can be shaped to benefit the wider community, employment opportunities improved transport links and improved digital connectivity for the district”.
Announcing the 100 pioneers of the new Town Deal, MP Robert Jenrick, the Local Goverment Secretary, said last year: “Ensuring that prosperity and opportunities are available to everyone in this country, not just those in London or our biggest cities, is at the heart of the mission of this government. We want to level-up our great towns, raising living standards and ensuring they can thrive with transformative investment in transport, technology, skills and culture.”