Faulty straighteners cause house fire

Firefighters were called to a blaze in Ilkeston last night after a faulty pair of hair straighteners caught alight.

Sunday, 13th March 2016, 10:01 am
Updated Sunday, 13th March 2016, 10:16 am

Crews from Ilkeston and Stapleford arrived at the scene in Wilton Place just before 8.25pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was out on arrival, so firefighters carried out an inspection of the house and offered fire safety advice to the residents.

The stock message was received at 8.50pm.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said that no one was hurt in the fire.