Everything we know so far after young man dies in hit-and-run crash in Chesterfield
A young man has died after a crash in Chesterfield.
Here’s everything we know so far.
- Police were alerted to a collision involving a vehicle and a pedestrian in the Brockwell area of the town at around 4.30pm on Tuesday.
- The incident, involving a car which did not stop, happened on Malvern Road.
- A man, aged in his 30s, suffered serious injuries and sadly died at the scene.
- The man has not yet been named by officials.
- Officers located the vehicle believed to be involved with the incident
- Police arrested a woman on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
- Malvern Road and Hawksley Avenue were closed but are now open.
- A Derbyshire Constabulary spokesperson said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or with any dashcam footage from the area around that time.”
- Visit www.derbyshire.police.uk/Contact-Us to find out how to contact the force. The incident reference number is 21*188745.