'DISGUSTING': Ants found in Pepsi bought from Chesterfield KFC
A mother and daughter were appalled to find ANTS in a drink they ordered from a fast food chain in Chesterfield.
Jayne and Leanne Bellamy, who live in Newbold, visited the KFC drive-thru at Lockoford Lane on Friday.
Jayne, 45, said they weren’t given straws for their drinks so 23-year-old Leanne took the lid off her Pepsi so she could sip it.
"Leanne then said ‘there’s ants in my drink!’," Jayne told the Derbyshire Times.
"There were lots of them running around and floating on the top.
"We were shocked and disgusted.
"We were thankful they didn’t give us straws - if they had then Leanne would have just drank it."
Jayne said she phoned KFC ‘straight away’ to complain.
She added: "A member of staff said they checked the drinks machine and everything was fine.
"They gave us a code for a free meal.
"We definitely won’t be going back for that."
Jayne posted about the incident on Facebook.
The post - which has been shared scores of times - warns people: "Look before you drink."
A KFC spokesperson said: “We’re really surprised to hear about this and, despite the recent warm weather, we’ve received no similar complaints from our other drive-thru customers. That said, we always want our guests to leave with a smile on their face, so we offered Jayne a meal on us the next time she visits.”