Man acquitted after being accused of involvement in alleged shooting
A man was found not guilty of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life after he was accused of being involved in an alleged shooting.
Sam Joseph Taylor originally appeared at Chesterfield magistrates’ court after a man had allegedly been shot at on Rotherham Road, Killamarsh, on September 30, 2018.
The court heard Mr Taylor, whose address was given as Rotherham Road, Killamarsh at the time of the offence, had been accused of firing upon the man on Rotherham Road, at Killamarsh, on Sunday, September 30, 2018, with a shotgun.
Lynn Bickley, prosecuting, told the magistrates’ court hearing the man had visited the road after an alleged dispute with Mr Taylor who was aged 25 at the time.
Defence solicitor Serena Simpson told the same hearng Mr Taylor denied having anything to do with the incident.
Magistrates adjourned and committed the case to Nottingham Crown Court for a hearing on November 6, 2018, but the case was transferred to Derby Crown Court.
Following a trial, which concluded on April 16, 2019, Mr Taylor was found not guilty of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life or to enable another to do so.
Mr Taylor was also found not guilty of possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear or violence.
The court confirmed no evidence was offered on four further counts against Mr Taylor of causing criminal damage.
Police had originally been called to Rotherham Road, at Killamarsh, about 6.45pm, on September 30, 2018, after reports that a gun had been fired and the area was cordoned-off until Monday, October 1, 2018.