Chesterfield firefighters rush to fire inside flat

Firefighters tackled a blaze inside a flat in Chesterfield.

Friday, 14th April 2017, 9:16 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:56 pm
STOCK PICTURE.

Crews from Chesterfield and Staveley were called to the property on Emmet Field Close at about 9.25pm last night.

A fire service spokesman said the incident involved a fire in the kitchen.

"Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and ventilated the property before leaving at about 9.45pm," the spokesman added.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

There were no reports of any injuries.

For advice on staying safe in your kitchen, visit www.derbys-fire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/common-fire-prevention/kitchen