So to help you make your Christmas dinner perfect, we’ve asked award-winning chef Robert Stordy for some hints and tips.
Today’s video sees Robert providing a Christmas dessert recipe. Full recipe below.
If you missed Robert’s tips on how to prepare a turkey, you can find our previous video HERE
For the first part of the video on how to prepare your vegetables, see HERE
For an alternative turkey recipe, see
And for the second part of the video on how to prepare your vegetables, see HERE
Amaretto and vanilla panna cotta with berries in mulled wine - serves 4
350ml double cream
1 vanilla pod, slit and seeds scraped out
45g granulated or caster sugar
6g leaf gelatine
200g frozen mixed berries or fresh
1) Place the gelatine into COLD water and leave until soft
2) In a saucepan put in the milk, cream and vanilla pod and seeds, carefully bring to the boil, add the sugar. Allow to infuse for about 10mins.
3) Squeeze the water from the gelatine and add to the cream mixture and stir until dissolved. Add the amaretto, cool, strain and pour into glasses/cups chill to set
200g frozen mixed berries
¼ bottle mulled wine
Sugar to taste
1) Place sugar and wine into saucepan and simmer for about 5-8mins
2) Add the fruit and poach gently for about 4mins, chill
NOTE: A little corn flour may be necessary to slightly thicken the juice
Remove from the fridge about 20mins before serving
Serve with shortbread biscuits or small mince pies