There is a free exhibition marking 150 years of Barlborough Primary School, currently running at Barlborough Heritage Centre.
It is based in the old Headmaster house on Ward Lane, which was built, along with the school, in 1866 by the Lady of the Manor, Sophia Felicite De Rodes of Barlborough Hall. S
ophia died in 1869 and William Hatfield De Rodes built the Memorial Arch on the High Street in her memory, which used to be the entrance to the school.
The centre holds an archive of photographs including school photographs of both pupils and teachers from 1944 to 1964 plus many newspaper cuttings featuring events held at the school.
The exhibition will run until the end of March. Opening times are Tuesdays-Thursdays, 8.30am-2pm, plus Saturdays 9am-noon. Call 01246 810100.