LiveRECAP: Curtis Weston scores dramatic 95th minute winner as Chesterfield come from behind to claim stunning late victory against Wrexham
Chesterfield take on Wrexham at the Proact in a crucial game at the bottom of the National League (1pm).
The Spireites currently sit in the last relegation spot and are five points behind the Red Dragons who are two places above them. Today’s clash gives Town the chance to cut the gap to Wrexham to just two points and drag Dean Keates’ men closer to the relegation mix. We will bring you all the action, remember to tap refresh for the latest.
Chesterfield v Wrexham LIVE: Updates from the Proact
Last updated: Saturday, 08 February, 2020, 15:05
- HT: Chesterfield 3 v 2 Wrexham
- Will Evans own goal gives visitors the lead on 21 mins
- Chesterfield equalise straight away through Tom Denton on 25 mins
- Jordan Ponticelli puts Wrexham back in the lead on 68 mins
- Sub Liam Mandeville makes it 2-2 on 72 mins
- Curtis weston nets 95th minute stunning winner
- Two changes for Spireites as Fondop and Tyson replace Wedgbury and Boden
- Chesterfield (4-4-2): Jalal; Yarney, Evans, Hollis Buchanan; Cropper, Weston, Smith, Tyson; Fondop, Denton. Subs: Fitzsimons, Weir, Mandeville, Boden, Hutchinson
- Big relegation encounter at the Proact with Spireites 21st and visitors 19th
- Tributes paid to former Chesterfield player Jordan Sinnott before kick-off
FULL-TIME Chesterfield 3 v 2 Wrexham
WOW! Weston hits a 95th minute winner in off the underside of thee crossbar from inside the box which was the last kick of the game. The Proact erupts! Great scenes!
Four minutes added time
Off the line!
Will Evans' header from Buchanan's corner is cleared off the line. So close!
Second Chesterfield sub
Tyson off, Boden on.
Hooper pushes Evans in the face when down on the floor and again it could have been a red card for Wrexham. A lucky escape for Hooper.
The sub poked the ball home from a corner to get the Spireites level again.
Goal for Wrexham 1-2
Ponticelli finds himself one-on-one with Jalal and the striker slots the ball post Jalal. 69 mins played.
Tyson gets in behind the away defence but his shot his blocked by Pearson. Tyson has been impressive on his full debut so far. Mandeville wins a corner which Buchana takes but Evans can't quite get on the end of it and it goes behind for a goal-kick.
Chesterfield sub - 60 mins
Denton off, Mandeville on.
Weston played a risky back-pass to Jala and Ponticelli almost nipped in around Jalal but thankfully he stuck a leg out to stop what would have been a certain goal.
1-1. Will Evans headed past his own keeper Jalal to give Wrexham the lead on 20 minutes. Chesterfield equalised four minutes later through Denton who finished low into the bottom corner. The home side have had a possible shout for a penalty turned down and Wrexham could possibly have had a man sent off when Lawlor went in high on Tyson.
Four minutes added