Worksop Town go top of Evo Stik Premier Division

Hallam  manager Ryan Hindley shouts on his team against Yorkshire Amateur. This match will be featured as Grass Roots' match of the day on Friday. Photo: Ian Anderson
Hallam manager Ryan Hindley shouts on his team against Yorkshire Amateur. This match will be featured as Grass Roots' match of the day on Friday. Photo: Ian Anderson

Worksop Town moved to the top of the Premier Division with a 3-1 win at ten-man Bridlington Town coupled with leaders Tadcaster Albion’s 4-3 defeat at Barton.

Kyle ordan gave the Tigers a fifth minute lead coolly slotting past the home keeper after Andy Ofosu had created the opening.

Bridlington had striker Lewis Clarkson sent off after picking up two yellow cards in the opening 15 minutes but it took Worksop until the 73rd minute to add to the one goal lead.

Conor Higginson scored from distance to send a shot over the keeper and Jordan scored his second in the last minute with a piece of clinical finishing.

Handsworth Parramore had to make do with a 1-1 home draw against Garforth Town. The Anbers went a goal down but Colin Marrison equalised with his third goal in as many games.

Staveley Miners Welfare looked all set for a point after battling back from two down at Cleethorpes Town only to concede deep into stoppage time to lose 3-2.

Keiran Watson and Courtney Hastings hit the Staveley goals.

Retford United bounced back from the 8-0 midweek thumping at the hands of Cleethorpes Town to beat Parkgate 3-2.

Brad Kerr scored two first half goals and Adam Carter got the other. Parkgate scored through Ben Grech-Brooksbank’s first for the club and Matt Reay just before the final whistle.

Athersley Recreation halted their slide down the table with a 3-1 win at Nostell MW with goals by Jack Briscoe, Adam Podmore and Scott Turner three minutes from time.

Maltby Main were beaten 2-1 at home by struggling Thackley despite a Fabod Yousefi goal.

In Division One, Hallam lost out 2-1 to Yorkshire Amateur who are fast becoming manager Ryan Hindley’s bogey team. Michael Blythen pulled one back in time added.

Lewis Naylor’s second half double saw Dronfield Town win for the first time in four games by beating Worsbrough Bridge Athletic 2-0 at Park Road.

Penistone Church stretched their unbeaten run to seven games but had to settle first a point from a 3-3 draw at Glasshoughton Welfare with goals by Danny Barlow, Lewis Dickinson and Duncan Richards.

Rossington Main’s first ever league meeting with Westella VIP ended in a 5-2 defeat with Lee Holmes and Marcel Chipamaunga scoring.

AFC Emley recorded a record league victory with a 10-0 demolition of struggling Winterton Rangers. Ashley Flynn hit five of them to take his season’s tally to 24 with Paul Spicer (2), Kieran Ryan (2) and Jordan Corduri also on target.

*Just eight days after enjoying their biggest win of the season, Sheffield FC suffered their heaviest loss with a 4-0 home reversal against Romulus.

The Division One South’s leading marksman Luke Keen hit a hat-trick, including a superb 30-yard chip, taking his tally to nine for the season.

Joel Grandison scored the other with a deflected shot from the edge of the box.

Shaw Lane Aquaforce saw their four match unbeaten run ended at Newcastle Town where the hosts scored twice inside the last 11 minutes to win 3-2.

The Ducks had led 2-1 at the break through Lee Morris and Gavin Allot.

Matlock Town also suffered late agony at Grantham Town conceding twice in the last three minutes to lose 2-1 after Laurie Wilson had given the Gladiators a 12th minute lead.

Frickley Athletic went out of the Emirates FA Cup at the Second Qualifying Round stage with a 2-0 defeat at Vanarama National North Chorley.

Buxton overcame a potential banana skin at NCE League side sole surviving team Armthorpe Welfare running out 6-1 winners where former Welfare striker Liam Hardy hit a hat-trick against his former Club. Joe Lumsden scored Armthorpe’s consolation.