A new initiative to try and encourage people to take the first steps towards getting fitter through jogging, has started up.
Jog Derbyshire’s new county-wide network of local jogging groups, led by qualified, volunteer Jog Leaders, are running special eight-week jog/walk programmes with free ‘First Steps to Fitness’ training plans. Five sessions take part in the Peaks and Dales.
• Buxton: Buxton Beginners. Wednesdays at 10.20am at Poole’s Cavern and Buxton Country Park, Green Lane, Buxton SK17 9DH. Contact Emily Wilson on 07963 331222 or email email@example.com. Sessions are free.
• Chapel: Jog High Peak - Thursdays 9.15am at Chapel Memorial Park Rowton Grange Road, SK23 0HL. Contact Liz Stillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01663 750 640. Sessions are free.
• Darley Dale: Bright Ideas - First Steps to Fitness. Sundays at 8.30am at Darley Dale pre-school, Station Road.
Contact Catherine Bright or Kate on 07960 010924. Charge - £2.
• Matlock: Walk, Jog, Run. Park based. Every Thursday at 5pm from Hall Leys Park in Matlock. Contact Marie Widerman (07805 895979) and Becky Bryan. Sessions are free.
• Youlgrave: Jog for absolute beginners. Saturdays at 10.30am at Youlgrave Scout Hut. Contact Pete Tapping on 01629 636625. Sessions are free.