Warning to householders after Chesterfield chimney fire

Fire crews were called out to deal with a chimney blaze in Chesterfield.
Fire crews were called out to deal with a chimney blaze in Chesterfield.

Householders are being urged to get their chimneys cleaned after a fire at a property in Chesterfield on Wednesday evening.

Fire crews from Chesterfield attended the blaze on Derby Road in the town shortly after 5.20pm.

In a tweet posted on social networking site Twitter, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service wrote: "Crews have worked to identify source of smoke and fire as a chimney fire. Fire now extinguished. Please get your chimneys cleaned this winter!"