After reading your article about Dronfield being one of the most desirable places to live, I was that infuriated I had to voice my opinion.
Certainly some strange comments in this article.
1. Good schools - that is if your child gets into the local school, a friend of mine’s daughter, who lives five minutes from Henry Fanshawe, has to go to a school in Chesterfield.
2. Not sure where the affordable housing is?
3. Employment - where is this exactly? When they converted the Forge Shopping Centre, they said it would employ all local people.
There are no job opportunities in Dronfield or very few are offered to people who do not live here.
4. Access to green space - have they seen the plans to develop green belt land and build more than 800 houses?
Not sure how this survey was done or who was asked, but my relatives would certainly have something to say.
5. There is very little public transport for Dronfield, especially in the Hallowes area.
6. There are also no amenities such as a local convenience store. The shopping Dronfield does have caters for a select few, thus meaning you have to travel to either Chesterfield or Sheffield. 7. There is very little for children to do and activities in the area are again targeted at a select few people.
My ancestry in the area dates back to the 1700s, yet people seem to think they know Dronfield, even though they have only lived here for 20 to 40 years.
They would not have seen how Dronfield used to be, so cannot compare it I’m afraid.