My name is Jody, I am ten years old and attend Scarcliffe Primary School.
I am writing this letter to ask for help to fill shoe boxes for the Samaritan’s Purse. This is my third year of filling shoe boxes and I normally fill 20. As there are so many children so poor I would like to fill 100 this year.
There are several ways in which people can help.
1. Fill a shoe box and drop it off at The Glapwell Centre, The Green Glapwell or my mum will collect.
2. Come along to my Fill A Shoe Box Party at the Glapwell Centre, The Green, Glapwell on Tuesday, October 20, from 3.30-5.30pm. I will have loads of goodies for you to choose from to fill your box with.
3. Donate new or as new items for the shoe boxes, either by dropping them off at the Glapwell Centre, The Green, Glapwell or my mum will collect.
4. Donate raffle prizes for the raffle I will be having at the party. It cost £3 per box to be delivered.
5. Donate cash to help towards the cost of the boxes contents and transport costs.
6. Buy raffle tickets. They are 50p a ticket and are being sold on October 20, at the Glapwell Centre. 1st prize - a £500 voucher off a hot tub kindly donated by Superior Spas of Brimington. Loads of other prizes including a meal for two at The Pillar of Rock, Bolsover kindly donated by Weatherspoons.
7. Knit some scarves, I have loads of wool but am short of knitters.
8. Donate items to put into the boxes full details below.
Shoe box items include: toys no war items guns etc, soap and flannel, toothpaste and brush, cuddly toy, stationary: - pen, pencils, crayons, ruler, rubber, pencil sharpener, paper etc, hat, gloves and scarf, sweets but not chocolate. I hope you are able to help me. My mum’s contact number is 07920027207 please leave a message with contact number, if she doesn’t answer, she will call you back.