Woman caught in Chesterfield flat fire

Picture: PA
Picture: PA

A woman was caught in a fire and suffered smoke inhalation as a Chesterfield flat burned yesterday.

Derbyshire Fire & Rescue received reports of a house fire at around 4pm yesterday, Saturday, August 15.

Crews from Chesterfield and Staveley attended Oakamoor Close in Chesterfield and confirmed the fire in a second floor flat.

A spokesperson said: “It came through as a flat fire so police and ambulance were also in attendance.

“All persons in the flat were accounted for by 4.30pm and one female who was in the flat before firefighters arrived was treated for smoke inhalation.”

Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle the blaze – there were luckily no reports of serious injury.