UPDATED WITH PHOTOS: Fire breaks out at Chesterfield launderette
Emergency services were called to a building fire in Chesterfield on Tuesday evening.
The blaze broke out in a launderette on Sheffield Road in the Stonegravels area of the town at around 7.50pm.
Firefighters from Chesterfield, Staveley, Dronfield, Mansfield and Clay Cross were all called to The Wash Inn terraced building - which was ‘well alight’ when they arrived at the scene.
They were joined by the aerial ladder platform to put out the fire.
Surrounding roads in the area were closed while firefighters dealt with the incident.
Officials from the gas and electric boards were also at the scene as investigations into the blaze got underway.
A series of photographs posted on Twitter by Steve Wells showed the extent of the damage caused by the blaze inside the building, while photographer Gareth Burroughs also captured images of firefighters dampening down at the scene.
It is not known if anyone has been injured in the blaze, but we will have more updates on this story as we get them.