UPDATE: Cause of Chesterfield house fire identified

Fire bosses have confirmed the cause of the fire which broke out in a Chesterfield bedroom at lunchtime.

Saturday, 6th May 2017, 2:51 pm
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 7:06 pm

Crews from Chesterfield and Staveley were called to View Road at 2.30pm on Saturday, May 6 and the fire was caused by candles left unattended.

They used a hose reel jet to put out the flames.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The fire wass around five by five metres and was situated in the bedroom of a domestic property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

“No persons are hurt.”