A Chesterfield pub and restaurant has come under fire this morning after angry customers said its firework display was unsafe.
The customers - including many parents with young children - say the display at Harry Ramsden’s Wingerworth pub and restaurant on Derby Road took place too close to the crowd - with one firework nearly hitting young girl in the face.
Others complained that the display took place far earlier than actually planned leaving people disappointed when they got there only to find it had already finished.
On Facebook, Natalie Lawless-Laughton, wrote: “Absolutely disgusted - how can you think it’s safe to let fireworks off so close to the crowd?
“The firework that fell over and shot into the crowd nearly got my four-year-old daughter straight in the face as well as a few other small children.
“How can you think it safe to set fireworks off on a wonky picnic bench only a few feet away from the crowd?
“We didn’t hang around as my daughter was so distressed - I will never step foot anywhere near this pub again.”
And Toni Charity wrote: “I am not happy at all, you have totally ruined my kids’ bonfire night this year!
“We had just parked up at 7.40pm and wondered why everyone was walking away for one man to tell us it had been cancelled.
“You should be ashamed! You left everyone without a bonfire night.”
On their Facebook page, the pub’s management wrote: “We are very sorry to see some of you were disappointed. Due to the weather and wind direction changing we were advised to start early.
“Your safety is paramount to us. Apologies for those who missed it and any inconvenience caused.”
Were you at the Wingerworth last night - what did you think of the display and its timing?
Please let us know on our Facebook page.