Tumble dryer to blame for Eckington blaze

A tumble dryer caused a fire at a property in Eckington.

Sunday, 23rd October 2016, 9:57 am
Updated Tuesday, 25th October 2016, 8:03 pm
Stock picture.

Staveley firefighters were called to a house on Staniforth Avenue at about 3pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Upon arrival, they found an overheated tumble dryer in the garage.

A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters removed the tumble dryer from the building and made the scene safe."

Visit the Derbyshire fire service website for safety advice regarding tumble dryers.