A group of travellers camped at Chesterfield’s Queen’s Park was still on the site this morning.
Around six caravans and a number of cars - with French registration plates - set up camp in the car park on the evening of Wednesday, March 14.
Chesterfield Borough Council began the legal process to move the group on Friday before issuing a court summons to leave yesterday.
A council spokesman said that if the group does not leave, there will be a court hearing on Thursday.
The car park was closed for several days in June last year after around 12 caravans and cars descended on the site.
Speaking to the Derbyshire Times at the time, a woman from the group said her family were from Norway and had come to Chesterfield ‘for a holiday’.
Other cars in the group had registrations from a host of other European countries including France, Germany and Luxembourg.