Pair treated for smoke inhalation in Alfreton

Burnt food resulted in two people being treated for smoke inhalation in Alfreton.

Sunday, 24th December 2017, 11:55 am
Updated Sunday, 24th December 2017, 12:05 pm
The latest from our newsroom.

Firefighters were called to a property on Cressy Road at around 12.10am today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Upon arrival, they found the property to be heavily smoke-logged as a result of burnt food.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: "Paramedics attended to treat two casualties for smoke inhalation."

For fire service advice on how to stay safe over Christmas, click here.