FOOTY BLOGGER: Stand up is more interested in his Premier League Fantasy team than the Spireites

editorial image

I was confident of a win on the way to the Torquay game, but I was also nervous.

It was nothing to do with the Spireites. I had put myself forward to tackle a player, this mean’t challenging a player at 10 questions.

I was going to be the first one, and I was regretting it. What if I don’t get any right, I thought.

I was only taking on the club Captain, Hird, so no pressure then!

I went to get a programme, but couldn’t find a seller anywhere. I went to the club shop, sold out! I was gutted. The only time I appear in the match day programme and I can’t get one.

I was later told I was outclassed by the Captain, never mind, at least I had ago.

The Spireites were unchanged from the Northampton game, although Micah Evans made the bench. Downes was starting for Torquay. It was great to see him still playing after career-threatening injuries.

The first half was pretty dull, neither side offering much of a threat.

H.T. 0-0.

Spireites came out for the 2nd half with real purpose. Three minutes in Darikwa scored his first ever league goal, Lester had taken a quick free kick, which deflected to Westcarr who then set him up, and the 20-year-old calmly stroked it in.

Although, the lead didn’t last long. A slip from Trotman was pounced on by Howe who took his chance well.

Torquay had never looked like scoring, a few minutes later there was another mistake from Trotman, although on this occasion he got away with it.

My mate ‘Stand Up’ spent the whole afternoon lurking behind us all, listening to BBC Radio 5 Live and gloating every time someone from his Premier Fantasy Team scored.

I’m going to hide his headphones for the next game. He thought that Atkinson had scored our first goal - I’m going to book him in to get his eyes tested next week. Anyone know a good optician in town?

Evans came on for Talbot for the last 20 minutes, he looked lively and got two lovely crosses in. However the Spireites failed to find a winner, as Torquay shut up shop.

F.T. 1-1.

The highlight of the match was when Torquay was on the attack, suddenly everybody stopped. A whistle had been blown. They looked at the ref, he just clapped in the direction of the Torquay fan who had the whistle.

Stewards told the young lad to leave the ground for his own safety. His own fans wanted to lynch him, although the Town fans just laughed.

He was later found in the car by a Town fan, looking scared and very apologetic. He was scared to walk to the station, so he kindly gave him a lift.

He was very embarrassed by the whole thing, a moment of madness, he hoped that the Torquay fans would forgive him.