Midnight snack goes wrong as Clowne firefighters attend chip pan fire in early hours

Fire story.
Fire story.

Firefighters from Clowne were called out to a chip pan fire in the early hours of this morning.

Crews arrived at a property on High Street, Whitwell at around 12.44am (on Monday, February 4).

The fire was out on arrival but the home was left ‘heavily smoke logged’ by the blaze.

Firefighters used a a PPV fan to clear the smoke from the property.

Nobody is understood to have been hurt in the incident.