Separate inquests have been opened and adjourned after a married couple were found dead at their burnt-out home in Riddings.
Inquests were opened into the deaths of Simon And Shelley Saxton-Cooper, who died at their home in Valley View Road on Sunday.
On Thursday, Chesterfield Coroners Court that Simon, 50, who worked as a plumber, died as a result of smoke inhalation.
The court heard Shelley, 45, who worked as a telesales operative, died from stab wounds to the chest.
However, toxicology tests are still outstanding.
Both Simon and Shelley were identified by dental records, the court heard.
Anthony Owen, of Derbyshire Police major crime unit, said: “At 7.34am on Sunday a telephone call was received via 999 from a neighbour nearby, asking for police and fire services.
“The neighbour advised that [the house] was on fire and said there were two persons trapped inside.
“Police and fire attended, however it was several hours before they could get inside due to the damage.”
Dr Robert Hunter, senior coroner for Derbyshire, said: “It is my understanding that, in relation to this incident, police are not looking for anybody else?”
“That’s right,” Mr Owen replied.
The inquest was adjourned while enquiries continue.
The court heard the inquest may not be resumed until 2016.