1. Yorkshire lads The Pigeon Detectives play in their home county tonight (Friday, November 11) at 7.30pm at the Leadmill, Sheffield. Tickets are £15 and available from the Leadmill box office.
2. Get together with fellow writers and story tellers at the Hope Valley LitFest on Saturday, November 12, from 9.30am - 4pm. Day ticket is £15 and the event will be at the Hope Valley Community College. For tickets call Liz Tye on 01433 651590l.
3. Warm up with bacon cobs, teas and coffees at the Autumn Fair at Firs House on Mansfield Road, Alfreton from 10am - 12.30pm on Saturday, November 12. Gifts, cakes, plants, bric-a-brac and a tombola will feature. Free admission but proceeds go towards St Martin’s Church.
4. Get in the mood for Christmas at Hasland Methodist Church’s 3rd Great Christmas Market on Saturday, November 12 from 10am - 3pm. Admission is £1.50 and will include refreshments with lunch being served between 11.30am - 1.30pm. Children are free and can visit Santa’s grotto.
5. Take part in honouring the veterans who have served with the Armed Forces at your local remembrance service on Sunday, November 13.