Firefighters save dog whose head got stuck in a boiler

Derbyshire firefighters rescued a dog whose head became stuck in a boiler.

Monday, 1st May 2017, 10:04 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 8:18 pm
Picture: Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Firefighters were called to a farm on Longford lane, Sutton on the Hill, at about 2.40pm on Sunday and found the sheep dog’s head stuck in a 100-year-old disused boiler.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “The dog had been fully sedated by the vets on scene and lubricant was used to free the dog.

“The dog’s head was released by 5.45pm.

“The dog is OK,” the spokesman added.