Firefighters extinguish a blazing garage

editorial image

Firefighters battled a blazing garage which erupted in flames and smoke in Chesterfield.

The blaze was discovered on Miller Avenue, about 11.40pm, on Saturday, September 5.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “One domestic garage was found well alight with one vehicle inside.”

Staveley firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze and made the area safe by about midnight.

Police were also alerted to attend the incident.