Firefighters from Clay Cross and Chesterfield were called to blaze in a kitchen at a house in Tupton last night.
The incident happened at around 9.10pm on Sunday December 14 at an address in Station New Road, a Derbyshire fire spokesman said.
A total of three engines were deployed to the incident and the building was “well alight” when crews arrived.
Everyone at the address was accounted for but crews had to disconnect gas and electricity supplies at the address.
The roof space of the building and that of a neighbouring property were also inspected.
It is not known whether anyone needed hospital treatment following the fire.