Fire crews battle book shop blaze

FIREFIGHTERS armed with hose reel jets and breathing apparatus extinguished a blaze at book shop.

The fire was discovered on the first floor of a building on King Street, in Bakewell, about 1.20pm, on Tuesday, July 5.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “The fire was in part of the book shop used for retail and office space and involved shredded paper.”

Matlock firefighters put out the blaze, ventilated the property and made the area safe in just over an hour.