Fire breaks out in Ripley house

A fire broke out at a house in Ripley last night.

Saturday, 23rd September 2017, 10:24 am
Updated Saturday, 23rd September 2017, 1:45 pm
Stock picture.

The incident happened in the kitchen of a property on Chapel Street.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters from Alfreton and Ripley were called at 7.20pm but thankfully the blaze was out when they arrived at the scene and there were no reports of any injuries.

Crews ventilated the property then left.

For advice on how to stay safe in your kitchen, visit www.derbys-fire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/common-fire-prevention/kitchen