Emergency call-out to Chesterfield garage blaze
A large blaze in a Chesterfield garage was safely put out thanks to the quick actions of the fire service.
At 5.45pm yesterday, crews from Matlock and Chesterfield attended a fire in the garage of a two-storey detached property on Caernarvon Close.
A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet and a carbon dioxide extinguisher were all used to extinguish the fire.
“A thermal imaging camera was used to confirm no fire had spread and the property was ventilated.”