Elderly woman taken to hospital after dishwater fire

An elderly woman was taken to hospital after her dishwasher caught alight in the early hours of the morning.

Saturday, 19th April 2014, 10:20 am
l

Fire crews from Belper, Crich and Ripley attended the property in Derby Road, Ambergate at 2.33am on Saturday, after a smoke alarm alerted the elderly occupant to the fire, which was in the rear of the property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal image camera to extinguish the blaze, which was out by 2.52am. The house was heavily smoke–logged and the woman was administered oxygen before being taken to hospital.