A devoted wife tried to revive her husband after finding him in a collapsed state, an inquest has heard.
Edwina Buczynski performed CPR on her husband David at their home on Brown Edge Road, Buxton, after finding him on the floor of the garage on the evening of July 8 last year.
Speaking at Chesterfield coroners’ court, pathologist Dr Deirdre McKenna said she found evidence that the 62–year–old had suffered an acute cardiac event.
Mr Buczynski was found in the garage, which was not well ventilated. He was next to his trike motorcycle and the ignition was on but it was not running.
Dr McKenna said she found evidence of carbon monoxide poisoning and thought it probable that his cardiac problem had rendered him incapacitated and therefore unable to get away from the fumes of his motorcycle.
Coroner Paul McCandless recorded a narrative conclusion, stating: “He had some cardiac event which rendered him incapable of removing himself from the garage on that afternoon.”
He gave the cause of death as carbon monoxide poisoning due to inhalation of engine fumes, caused by acute myocardial ischaemia due to severe preconclusive coronary atherosclerosis.