Crews put out a shop blaze

Latest news.
Latest news.

BOLSOVER firefighters extinguished a shop blaze after a refrigeration unit set alight.

The shop was discovered ablaze on Recreation Road, Shirebrook, about 10.40pm, on Wednesday, June 13.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Fire crews from Bolsover and Mansfield stations attended the fire and used hose reels, breathing apparatus and an extinguisher to put out the fire.”

Crews made the area safe within 40 minutes and the electricity board was also called in to make the electric power supply safe.