Cops close roads after ‘asbestos’ blaze scare

Breaking news
Breaking news

POLICE have cordoned off part of Shuttlewood near Bolsover after a fire is reported to have been lit and is blowing a hazardous substance into the air.

Derbyshire Constabulary became aware of the problem about 10am, today, July 26, and Derbyshire fire service was also alerted.

A police spokesman said: “We’ve assisted by putting in road closures to prevent people being contaminated and we’re doing door knocks at any nearby residential properties to get people to stay inside and keep their windows and doors closed.”

Road blocks have been put in place at Shuttlewood crossroads, from Chesterfield Road to Woodhouse Lane.

One resident told how she has been told someone has lit a fire including harmful asbestos which could be blowing across the area.