A Chesterfield IT firm which has grown into one of the UK’s leading players in its field has celebrated its landmark 30th anniversary.
ra Information Systems began life as a software house in 1988 - writing bespoke software, predominantly for local authorities.
Now three decades later, the firm, based at ra House on Beresford Way, is a pioneering IT specialist providing services throughout Britain and Europe.
ra’s growth has strategically been aimed towards providing expertise in all areas of IT and telephony.
The company now has its own:
- In-house helpdesk of IT experts
- Two in-house software development teams
- IT/infrastructure/telephony specialists
- Admin, sales and marketing teams
And while IT support and infrastructure specialisms underpin the company’s service offering, ra has also created and developed three thriving software management solutions:
- ezytreev - Tree, TPO & Asset Management Software now used in more than 100 councils, universities and housing associations across the UK and Ireland. (www.ezytreev.com)
- ibcs – Business Centre Management Software used in over 120 business and conference centres. (www.ibcs-software.com)
- CLARITY CORE – Science Park, Innovation and Incubation Centre Software used in more than 100 sites. (www.clarity-core.com)
Speaking about reaching the milestone anniversary, director Annette Dabbs said: “It really is hard to believe but good to look back over the years at how we have developed and grown as a company, both in personnel, the breadth of expertise they bring, and the services we provide.
“Something well worth celebrating.”
ra has been based in Chesterfield since 2008 after outgrowing its original Sheffield premises.